Tuesday, November 8, 2011

1,000 Governments

Wow - our You Tube video of "Government" has now been viewed more than one thousand times!  (And no, we haven't been watching it ourselves over and over again, like some scene out of "A Clockwork Orange", to artificially inflate the numbers!)
It's been a long time since we first posted the video, and even longer since the song was recorded.  (At that time it took three people with both hands on the mixing board controls, over and over until it was just right.)
So - what's new and different?  Let's check today's newspaper...

Government wants low taxes for the richest 1%, who will then create jobs for the other 99%

For Perry, Private Jets Have Been Key to Public Job

It is up to Silvio Berlusconi to keep Italy from becoming another Greece and plunging the world into an even more devastating financial crisis

Said to Eye Strike on Iran, Israel Won't Answer

Jon S. Corzine, the former governor of New Jersey, stepped down as chief executive of the bankrupt firm MF Global on Friday, and will not seek his $12 million in severance payments

Bleak Portrait of Poverty Is Off the Mark, Experts Say

Just as I suspected - things are pretty much the same (or worse).  And I still feel sorry for the government.  Although that last item sure makes me feel a whole lot better; how about you?

Happy Election Day!

A true-life story from my sketchbook:

- Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment